Rafael Marques de Morais, Director Rafael Marques de Morais is an Angolan journalist and writer with a special interest in Angola’s political economy and human rights. In 2000 he won the distinguished Percy Qoboza Award for Outstanding Courage from the National Association of Black Journalists (USA). In 2006, he received the Civil Courage Prize, from the Train Foundation (USA) for his human rights activities. He has also published various reports on human rights abuses in the diamond trade in Angola, including “Harvesting Hunger in Angola’s Diamond Fields” (2008), “Operation Kissonde: The Diamonds of Misery and Humiliation” (2006), and “Lundas: The Stones of Death” (2005), co-authored with Rui F. Campos. Born in Luanda, Rafael holds a MSc in African Studies from the University of Oxford, and a BA Hons in Anthropology and Media from Goldsmiths, University of London.
Carlos Duarte, Editor
Alfredo Muvuma, Editor
About Maka AngolaMaka Angola is dedicated to the anti-corruption struggle in Angola. Maka Angola denounces abuses of power and it’s a voice against socio-economic exclusion and the violation of human rights in Angola.
Maka Angola collects and investigates complaints by Angolan citizens regarding acts of corruption and abuse of power. We count on you in the anti-corruption struggle in Angola.
Maka is yours. Take action! Contact Maka Angola!
- (Português) Corrupção em Angola Debatida em Lisboa
- (Português) Rafael Marques de Morais Alvo de Espionagem Informática
- (Português) Rádio Maka
- (Português) Destaque
- (Português) Rádio Maka: Direitos Humanos
- Teachers Strike: A New Lesson for the the Regime
- (Português) Huíla: Libertados Sindicalistas Detidos
- Teachers Strike in Huíla: Union Leaders Arrested
- (Português) Imagens: Bairro Ndala Mulemba
- (Português) Rádio Maka: Ndala Mulemba
- Promoting Accountability at the Country Level
- (Português) As Férias de Luxo da Administradora
- (Português) Carvoeiro Alvejado no Cuango
Tagsactivists Angolan Red Cross blood diamonds budget censorship corruption Coréon Dú democracia democracy diamonds elections eleições Endiama European Parliament Forças Armadas Angolanas freedom of the press Fundo Soberano Guiné Bissau human rights human rights hunger hunger Isabel dos Santos IURD José Eduardo dos Santos liberdade de imprensa Lundas malnutrition Manuel Vicente miitary militar Milocas Pereira MISSANG oil protest protesto Rafael Marques rap Sonangol Sovereign Wealth Fund Tchizé dos Santos Teleservice tortura Zenú