Images: Police Clamp Down on UNITA Supporters
Officers of the National Police used batons and the canine brigade to disperse a group of UNITA supporters who had gathered today, August 10, in Independence Square, Luanda, in protest against acts of violence by members of the ruling MPLA earlier in the day.
As elections’ day near, August 31, episodes of violence and political unrest are becoming more frequent across the country.
About Maka AngolaMaka Angola is dedicated to the anti-corruption struggle in Angola. Maka Angola denounces abuses of power and it’s a voice against socio-economic exclusion and the violation of human rights in Angola.
Maka Angola collects and investigates complaints by Angolan citizens regarding acts of corruption and abuse of power. We count on you in the anti-corruption struggle in Angola.
Maka is yours. Take action! Contact Maka Angola!
- (Português) Rádio Maka
- (Português) Destaque
- (Português) Rádio Maka: Direitos Humanos
- Teachers Strike: A New Lesson for the the Regime
- (Português) Huíla: Libertados Sindicalistas Detidos
- Teachers Strike in Huíla: Union Leaders Arrested
- (Português) Imagens: Bairro Ndala Mulemba
- (Português) Rádio Maka: Ndala Mulemba
- Promoting Accountability at the Country Level
- (Português) As Férias de Luxo da Administradora
- (Português) Carvoeiro Alvejado no Cuango
- Angolan Blood Diamonds: The Role of the European Union and the Kimberley Process
Tagsactivists Angolan Red Cross blood diamonds budget censorship corruption Coréon Dú democracia democracy diamonds elections eleições Endiama European Parliament Forças Armadas Angolanas freedom of the press Fundo Soberano Guiné Bissau human rights human rights hunger hunger Isabel dos Santos IURD José Eduardo dos Santos liberdade de imprensa Lundas malnutrition Manuel Vicente miitary militar Milocas Pereira MISSANG oil protest protesto Rafael Marques rap Sonangol Sovereign Wealth Fund Tchizé dos Santos Teleservice tortura Zenú